Re: [smime] Message takeover attacks against S/MIME

2016-01-28 10:41:10
I am more than willing to help with this.  I don't know if there will be any
industry pickup but I think it does need to be done.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: smime [mailto:smime-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Russ
Housley
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:47 AM
To: IETF SMIME <smime(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: [smime] Message takeover attacks against S/MIME

I do not know of any user agents that can be configured to accept only
intern
message/rfc822 type, or even flag the difference to the user.  Most users
would
not understand the flag if it was there.

I would like to know if there is enough energy to work on a re-charter for
the
SMIME working group and then produce an updated specification.  If there
is
enough interest, Stephen Farrell is willing to sponsor the charter.

I am willing to work on it.

Russ