Reconnect/Retransmission

1997-05-17 19:51:03
Discussion with Paul H. about the response codes led to a question about
"when things change", the directive from RFC 821 indicating when a sending
MTA should "try again".

It occurs to me that we give no guidance for reconnection to unavailable
hosts or retries for currently inaccessible mailboxes.

Do we not have enough accumulated wisdom on this to provide at least a
modicum of guidance in 821bis?

d/

Dave Crocker                                             +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                              fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.
dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com
Sunnyvale CA 94086 USA                        http://www.brandenburg.com

Internet Mail Consortium                http://www.imc.org,