Re: Mail Routing and LDAP

1998-03-13 18:43:34
Hans,

Please add Innosoft International's PMDF MTA to this list.     It is a
product that I for one recommend highly.   .... And no,  I don't work for
them.

Darryl Price
University Technology Services
The Ohio State University

Hans Lachman wrote:

Various people have implemented various approaches for LDAP-based
Routing of SMTP Messages. At least three are commonly known:

  1. UMich's approach (implemented in the "mail500" mailer)
  2. Netscape's approach (implemented in the Netscape MTA)
  3. Stanford's approach (implemented in Sendmail 8.8.X)

There are internet drafts available describing the latter two
approaches..

  draft-lachman-ldap-mail-routing-01.txt
  (http://www.imc.org/draft-lachman-ldap-mail-routing)

  draft-ietf-asid-email-routing-su-00.txt
  (http://www.imc.org/draft-ietf-asid-email-routing-su)
  (expired, but an update is planned)

We propose to discuss the merits of the various approaches and
determine whether there is interest in standardizing an approach to
LDAP-based Routing of SMTP Messages.  The discussion will be held on...

  ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org

Information about subscribing, a list archive, and current discussion
topics is available at...

  http://www.imc.org/ietf-smtp/

All people interested in this topic are invited to join in the
discussion.

Regards,

Jeff Hodges & Hans Lachman