Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt

2000-09-06 09:10:12
This new draft may be of interest to the lists.

To: IETF-Announce: ;
From: Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 06:44:19 -0400
Sender: nsyracus(_at_)cnri(_dot_)reston(_dot_)va(_dot_)us

        Title           : IPv6 SMTP operational requirements
        Author(s)       : M. Nakamura, J. Hagino
        Filename        : draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : 05-Sep-00

The memo lists operational requirements for IPv6 SMTP, and IPv6-capable
MX DNS records.  As we deploy IPv6 SMTP servers, it became apparent that
we need certain configuration in IPv6-capable MX DNS record, for stable
dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) SMTP operations.  The document tries to
clarify the problems we have in transition period between IPv4 SMTP and
IPv6 SMTP, and operational requirements for stable IPv4/v6 SMTP
operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
        mailserv(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
<mailto:mailserv(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt>
[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp. Command-click the URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-motonori-ipv6-smtp-requirement-00.txt>

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium