Re: (ngtrans) including ipv4 address space into ipv6 address space

2001-11-13 15:18:16

Jeroen Massar writes:
the only thing that needs to be done for an IPv6 host is get a
routable IPv6 IP

Why should I do this manually? Why doesn't the software _automatically_
give me an IPv4-compatible IPv6 address, as explained in RFC 2893?

Our system administrators are busy getting real work done. Do you expect
them to waste time figuring out how to join a useless network?

Some of our computers and routers already have IPv6 software. But we're
not going to bother configuring those machines to talk to the global
IPv6 network. If you want IPv6 addresses to be part of the Internet---if
you want them to be reachable from machines like ours---then you have to
give us software that does _not_ require extra configuration for IPv6.

---Dan