[fwd] proposed SMTP extension

2002-07-01 21:38:12

I noticed that this wasn't cc'ed to the ietf-smtp list, and it seems
like SMTP people who aren't in the fax WG might want to sniff at this.
(the idea of having SMTP act on the UA's behalf smells funny to me)

I'm already writing up my comments.

Keith

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: ietf-fax(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
SUBJECT: CORRECTION: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content
           Negotiation to Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:34:24 -0400
Sender: jhargest(_at_)cnri(_dot_)reston(_dot_)va(_dot_)us

[Please note the corrected four week last call date, due to the
upcoming 54th IETF.  Sorry for any confusion.]

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Fax Working Group to
consider SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation
<draft-ietf-fax-esmtp-conneg-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org or ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by July 29,
2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-esmtp-conneg-02.txt

------- End of Forwarded Message