Introduction and query

2003-02-09 21:21:26
Dear ietf-smtp members,

My name is Adonis El Fakih. I have been working on a new mail delivery
process to be used as a replacement for the process specified in SMTP
documents. The document is a result of many months of design and
development of a mail delivery process that is able to withstand current
and future trends of mail abuse. The design includes a modular design
that allows future designs to be integrated into the mail delivery
process.

I have submitted an Internet draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fakih-amdp-00.txt to ietf
discussing the protocol along with its pros and cons. I also outlined an
implementation guideline to enable developers to implement the protocol
ASAP . I was also able to develop a demo implementation and tested it
and the basic delivery system seems to work as described in the
document.

I would like to start a dialogue with people interested in a solution to
the problems associated with spam, and not just a band-aid as it is
proposed today by many implementations out there. I do not want to shoot
down SMTP, since AMDP relies on SMTP style mail messages, the major
difference between the two protocols is the order by which mail is
delivered.

Again I am open to all comments, and if this is NOT the proper channel
for this discussion, please excuse me and do recommend the proper
channel for doing so.

Best regards,
Adonis

Ayna.com the Arabic web starts right here.