Re: draft-ietf-fax-esmtp-conneg-08.txt

2003-07-16 05:07:59

Pete,

PR> Why is the CONPERM command necessary? Isn't putting Content-Convert
PR> parts in a message implicit permission to do such transformations? Or
PR> is CONPERM really just signalling the server to go look inside the
PR> message?

Without the ESMTP option, SMTP relays must look into the message
content, to determine whether conversion is permitted.  Hence we decided
to put a  basic permission mechanisn into the explicit transfer
mechanism, with the fine-grained permission detail in the content.

PR> Other than that, it looks like an OK document to me.

thanks!

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>