Blind acceptance - draft-hutzler-spamops-00.txt

2004-06-14 20:58:02

From the I-D "Email Submission Between Independent Networks",
which hopes to be a BCP: (<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hutzler-spamops-00.txt>)
"Similarly, an MDA can choose
  to reject all mail to recipients for which that MDA has no
  arrangement to perform delivery."

Indeed, this is best practice; it should be added to the "Best practices are:" section, i.e. suggested text:

o MDAs SHALL NOT accept mail to recipients for which that MDA has no arrangement to perform delivery.

Comments?

From the I-D:
"Comments and discussion of this
  document should be addressed to the ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org mailing
list."
Also emailing the ASRG, as participants from the ASRG are referenced in the I-D
as a source of input.

Apologies, as this is likely not terribly timely.