DELIVER AFTER extension

2004-07-16 03:21:08

Hello,

I'm planning to file a draft for the following :

I believe that there is no mechanism by which a mail client can specify the mail server to send a mail after a specific period.

When we send mails, there may/can be a requirement like the mail processing should start after a time frame.

    Eg.,

    Send this mail after 30 mins

    MAIL FROM: mganesh(_at_)india(_dot_)hp(_dot_)com AFTER 30

There is a DELIVERBY rfc2852 which sets the expiry of the mail. Simillarly my draft is planning to set up a starting time.

I think this extension would benefit diskless clients and web based email clients and allows the mail server provider an easy interface to provide
such a feature.

Any thoughts please ?

MG
--
           Madan Ganesh Velayudham  +91 80 2205 3108
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.