Re: Naming of optional message header fields

2005-08-25 08:51:11

willemien(_at_)amidatrust(_dot_)com advised:
[I asked:]
During my private engineering trials, I am using an X- prefix for the headers I
add.

It would make engineering sense to use production header names (without an X-
?> prefix) as soon as I release code to other people for multi-party trials.

I conclude that it would be acceptable for me to use header names of the form:
">SchemeName-function".

Any disagreements?

Chris Haynes

You should ask this to the  ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org mailing list
see http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/mail-archive/thrd5.html
for what is said before about it...

Your reference has led me to RFC 3864, which seems to describe the process I was looking for.

Many thanks,

Chris Haynes