Re: CRAM MD5 Algorithm for SMTP Authentication

2006-09-20 06:11:13
Hello Paul,
Thanks a alot for the immediate response.

I have implemented the logic for SMTP Authentication as per the RFC for
CRAM-MD5 method of authentication.
And I also find that the output of my program matches the example mentioned in
RFC.

But when i try to authenticate with my local servers , it fails.

I will mention the inputs I gave for encoding and the output .. Pls do let me
know if something is wrong.

Base 64 encoded challenge string : PDE3MDA1NzUwLjM0NkB0ZXN0c2VydmVyLmNvbT4=
Username : user1
Password : user1

CRAM-MD5 output string : dXNlcjEgNTMwYTdmNTJlNWU2MTE5NDRkNzliZjM5YjBmNmU0NDA=

But I get Authentication Failed for this input from the SMTP Server.

Pls help me.

Regards,
Soumya