Re: OT: 5xy - Do we need a "I MEAN IT!" do not retry response code?

2007-05-02 04:20:17

John C Klensin writes:
--On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 12:14 PM +0200 "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-ietf-smtp(_at_)hjp(_dot_)at> wrote:
"BounceBack Messages" are probably NDNs. I find this interesting, because it means that to use this software (or at least this feature) the spammer has to use a genuine reverse-path.

Well, the return-path needs to be genuine only for NDNs.

And it only needs to work for a few minutes following MAIL FROM in order to get >99% of NDNs.

Arnt