Re: mailing list RFCs?

2007-07-05 14:58:54

Hi Andrew,
At 17:05 04-07-2007, Andrew Van Tassel wrote:
I also see a problem when the From: is not not changed and other headers are removed. Often lists add or remove fields to the message header as stated above.

Most mailing lists modify the Subject header. They don't change the From header. They may also modify the Reply-To header.

I guess I'm trying to find the standard of processing mailing lists within a legitimate organization. So far, imc.org seems to uphold a good policy. Then again if any of my headers are missing when I receive this it could be an issue.....

At the end of the day, the mailing list administrators determine their policy. Whatever the RFCs says won't change that.

Regards,
-sm