Re: IESG approval status of rfc2821bis

2008-06-09 12:44:25

FWIW, Lisa's description of how things work with the tools in place today pretty well matches my recollection of how things worked (without those tools) when I was on IESG from 1996-2000. So to me it doesn't seem that the tools have changed the procedures much.

Basically IESG had to keep track of so many different things that a "blocking" action was pretty much required to keep things from falling through the cracks. So DISCUSS was used, among other things, as a way to make sure that various kinds of details got proper attention. This wasn't as bad as it might sound, because any item with a DISCUSS automatically got put on IESG's biweekly telechat agenda - which pretty well served to keep those items from getting buried.

Keith

John C Klensin wrote:
Lisa,

--On Monday, 09 June, 2008 10:45 -0700 Lisa Dusseault