Re: [Fwd: Last Call: draft-crocker-email-arch (Internet Mail Architecture) to Proposed Standard]

2009-02-27 15:35:35

David MacQuigg wrote:
To clarify my discomfort with Figure 4, however, there is one special
boundary in a network of ADMDs, what I am calling the Border between two
Agents who have no prior relationship.  Two Borders (Edges) imply an Agent in
the middle that has no relationship with either side.  Figure 4 seems to
imply that this is a common arrangement.

Perhaps you could change the definition of Edge.  When you say it means the
edge of the open Internet, it implies no relationship with the Agent on the
other side.

David,

Actually, I believe that nothing in the diagram mandates prior arrangement. I believe the diagram showing Edge doesn't even imply one, although of course what is depicted between Dest and Recipient does.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking