Re: Looking for implementations of RFC 3848 (ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration)

2009-11-25 01:48:28

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

I would like to move RFC 3848 to Draft Standard, so I am collecting information for the implementation report. Please let me know if you know of implementations (MTAs/MDAs) that generate such parameters (in particular ESMTPA/ESMTPS/ESMTPSA/LMTPA/LMTPS/LMTPSA) and clients that parse Received headers and analyze/check the corresponding WITH parameter values.

Just to get clarification, your interest is in CLIENTS or MAILBOTS that read the Received header compliant with RFC 3848?

Currently, our SMTP server supports RFC 1869 so the receiver currently supports the stamping of the required SMTP transaction Received prepending trace line "With ESMTP" (EHLO was used) or "With SMTP" (HELO was used).

Now that I am aware of RFC 3848, I will go ahead and jot this down for a future revision consideration to include support for:

   ESMTPA
   ESMTPS
   ESMTPSA

However currently, we don't have any support for SMTP clients or SMTP receivers that read/use that information for incoming messages. Personally, this question is probably best addressed at operators and/or 3rd party developers writing AVS mailbot scripts.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com