Re: New Version Notification for draft-macdonald-antispam-registry-00

2010-03-26 12:14:04

I think the generic form of this exercise -- for the purpose of justifying the work -- is to describe intended use and explore with potential implementers the likelihood that they are interested in that use (or any other use) of this possible work.

d/

On 3/26/2010 9:38 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf-
smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of J.D. Falk
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 8:50 AM
To: ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for draft-macdonald-antispam-
registry-00

Yup, me too.  I'd also be curious how the most common MTAs (sendmail,
postfix, exchange, etc) react to reply codes they've never seen before.
They /should/ handle 'em gracefully, but there could be surprises.

I don't recall seeing any code in sendmail that reacts to other than the first
digit of the SMTP reply code itself, and nothing that looks at the enhanced
status code.  No idea about other MTAs.

This might create a need though.

--

  Dave Crocker