[ietf-smtp] Help identifying unknown verb: FCCKV2

2012-09-28 16:27:02
Does anyone here know of a legitimate MTA, proxy/filter, IDS, or similar critter that sends this verb before sending EHLO?

   FCCKV2 zQUdwkgzYhu/noMgcNtA0wvhrV0T9SThL3koEfk=

I'm suspicious that it's a malware infection on the sender's host, but before I start making accusations I wanted to check around. Various web forums have also reported seeing this as an X-bar header line in HTTP requests, without identifying what it was.

<csg>