Re: [ietf-smtp] [Uri-review] Registration request for smtp:// and submit:// URI schemes (draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-04)

2014-03-29 15:57:19
* Alexey Melnikov wrote:
I wanted to use smtp:// URIs in X.509 URI subjectAltName values. My use
case is returning such URIs in S/MIME certificates of S/MIME capable
Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs). My colleague pointed out that smtp:// URIs
are not registered with IANA (despite being used by several products,
including at least one open source), so here is my attempt to register
it. I am also registering submit:// URI scheme, which is a similar URI
schemes, but for designating Mail Submission Agents.

Is your registration fully consistent with all those existing implemen-
tations? Is it necessary or beneficial for your particular use case to
use `smtp` or could you also use a different name if there are problems
with other existing uses of the scheme?
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de