Re: [ietf-smtp] enhanced reply codes for BINARYMIME?

2015-05-18 15:07:04
Ah, I didn't look hard enough! In 3463, there's

      X.6.3   Conversion required but not supported

         The message content must be converted in order to be forwarded
         but such conversion is not possible or is not practical by a
         host in the forwarding path.  This condition may result when an
         ESMTP gateway supports 8bit transport but is not able to
         downgrade the message to 7 bit as required for the next hop.

which seems about right.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Ned Freed