Re: [ietf-smtp] Levels of proposals

2015-12-16 22:15:34
Wednesday, Dec 16, 2015 6:57 PM Chris Lewis wrote:
Comparing individual maiboxes is an exercise in futility.

Yes, exactly.   Sorry if that wasn't clear from my response.  I by no means
think my mailbox is a representative sample.

I do a daily tuning run on these traps.  The daily tuning run is to find out
which spams evaded the "SMTP client delivering to me is infected with
<botname X>" heuristics so I can tune them.  It does not trigger on real MTAs
for obvious reasons (including MAGY's).

Do you have a botnet farm for harvesting fresh templates, or is there a place
where this information can be had?

In the meantime, my personal account is unfiltered, similarly "for science".
More than 50% of all spam that I receive in total is spamming
"ietf(_at_)mustelids(_dot_)ca" - an account that was created JUST for being
on this mailing list less than a month ago.

IOW: the IETF is responsible for greater than half of my spam.

Hm, so I think what you are saying is that either spammers subscribe to the
IETF mailing lists and deliberately target us for spam, which seems unlikely,
or they get addresses to try by scraping web sites, and since IETF publishes
unredacted email addresses on our mailing list archives, these can be scraped
by spammers.

I assume that you are exploiting this!

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io