Re: [ietf-smtp] [dispatch] BCP proposal: regular expressions for Internet Mail identifiers

2016-04-02 03:12:23
Ned Freed writes two excellent paragraphs:
As a practical matter, there's lots of software out there that use bogus
regexps to check addresses. Anything that could possibly improve this situation
is a win in my book. And people have occasionally been known to look at RFCs
and use what they find there.
Personally, I'd settle for subaddresses working more than half the time with
web forms. I could not care less about support for obsolete syntax.

This, +1, +100.

Arnt