Re: [ietf-smtp] FWD: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5321 (5414)

2018-07-01 07:16:14

--On Sunday, July 1, 2018 05:00 -0700 Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

Personally, I think that there were cases where we should have
synchronized 5321 and 5322 by relying on the narrower rules of
the 821ff chain rather than those of the Header specs.
However, I was in the rough about that in DRUMS and there
would be no way to simply revisit those decisions even if we
wanted to (and I don't think anyone does).

To be fair, the obsolete syntac cleaned up a lot of stuff. In
highsight this probably should have been relegated to the
obsolete side as well.

Yep.