Re: [ietf-smtp] Dombox - A Zero Spam Mail System

2019-10-05 09:10:22
Hi Дилян,

My apologies. I don't have experience with Sieve. But I'll take a look at
it.

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 5:05 PM Дилян Палаузов
<dilyan(_dot_)palauzov(_at_)aegee(_dot_)org>
wrote:

Hello,

notwithstanding the usefulness of the ideas, provided that new rules are
supposed to be applied at SMTP level right
after the RCPT TO:, and let each recipient tweak these rules, based on
destination address and other criteria, the next
step would be to extend Sieve to accommodate these filtering rules.

Sieve can already deal with the fact that a single (natural) recipient can
have several addresses and apply different
logic based on the envelope destination for that natural recipient.  But
it cannot check directly DNS.  It could check
however over “external lists” if DNS/SPF matches (but this could be done
also by matching against the Authentication-
Results header).

Has anybody tried to parse the Authentication-Results header in Sieve?
Does it work?

Perhaps you can write guidelines how to use Sieve to perform (further) per
recipient rules, reusing the capabilities the
language already has, possibly extending the language, is the way to go.

Or, adding new checks, that are inserted in the AR header.

Or, if the concepts can be applied independent of each other, describe
each idea in a separate document (internet
draft).

Greetings
  Дилян