Re: [ietf-smtp] ietf.org SMTP server "RFC2821 Violation" for EHLO ip-literal.

2019-12-16 04:16:41
On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 16:48:39 -0800, S Moonesamy said:
The specification would be more lengthy if operational guidance about
such cases is included.  Anyway, it would take more than that to fix
the incorrect recommendations which are available online.

I have to wonder if we shouldn't go in the opposite direction - having a
protocol standard that's quit nailed down so it can move to Full Standard, and
an "operational guidance" RFC/BCP that would be easier to update/replace every
5-10 years as the landscape changed....