Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-10-04 04:49:50
On 9/28/20 7:35 PM, John R Levine wrote:

Actually I expect there will be systems where just 25/<ipv4-address> is
statically NAT46’d to a 25/<IPv6-address> and all the outbound traffic goes back through the NAT64 with no linkage to the IPv4 address except for those
established by the inbound connections.

Hmmn.  I suppose that if I wanted to set up a mail system to maximize the chance that my mail would fall afoul of well established anti-abuse metrics and get thrown on the floor, that'd be a good plan.

Please cite these "well established anti-abuse metrics" because they should not be accepted as valid without question.

If you refuse to do so, it should be assumed that they are either not well established or that they are not valid.   Or perhaps, they are themselves a form of abuse.

Keith