Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-10-04 13:06:04
On 10/4/20 1:13 PM, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

But there's another aspect. Who accepts? These things are the content of .procmailrc files and sieve scripts. Who has authority to accept or not accept the validity of what I write in my sieve script? I believe that's a local matter, out of scope for the IETF, and therefore off-topic for all IETF lists.

The rules that individuals and even enterprises use to filter their own incoming email is their own business, and I agree that's out-of-scope for IETF.

But that's not what I was talking about and I don't think that's what John was talking about either.   He referred to "well established anti-abuse metrics".   If they're well established, where are they documented?   I don't think it's out of scope for IETF to examine them or express opinions about them.

Keith