[ietf-smtp] SMTP Response for Detected Spam (SRDS)

2022-01-14 09:35:13
Hey folks,

I had originally sent this over to dispatch, though Murray and John felt it
better to discuss here.  I thought it might help the general ecosystem if there
were a method by which receivers could give an in-line response to a sender
that the message they're attempting to deliver is believed to be
spam/malicious.  Additionally, I thought it would be good to create a new code
so that it could be more easily identified by the sending party.  While I
understand there's some fear that this could be misused by spammers,
restricting it responsible parties may help there, and it could help
responsible parties identify abusive parties within their platform more quickly.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brotman-srds/
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-brotman-srds-00.txt

It's rather short (the only sample I found was also rather short), but I
welcome comments or thoughts.  Thanks for your time.

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy