Re: [ietf-smtp] Testing From-Munging

2022-03-30 10:19:08
On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 1:04 AM dkg
<dkg=40protonmail(_dot_)com(_at_)dmarc(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org>
wrote:

Sorry for the noise.  I'm just confirming that From-munging still happens
on IETF mailing lists (see
https://github.com/ietf-tools/mailarch/issues/3487)

From protonmail, this is an unsigned message.

My understanding has always been that the munging happens if the original
Author Domain has published a DMARC policy that isn't p=none, like
protonmail.com has done:

$ dig +short _dmarc.protonmail.com txt
"v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; fo=1; aspf=s; adkim=s;"

--

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* todd(_dot_)herr(_at_)valimail(_dot_)com

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.