Re: [ietf-822] [Tools-discuss] IETF mail server blacklisted by abusix.com (was: I hate mail these days (was: Re: Deine Mail ist kaputt))

2022-05-05 16:26:29
A couple corrections…
(Sorry for the overly wide reply.)

See appended, CarstenB complained

I didn’t complain — I just informed you of information that I wasn’t sure you
had (apparently it indeed hadn’t reached you in any other way).

about my university (@cs.fau.de) mailing system
rejecting emails from the IETF list mail 50.223.129.194  (from cbor mailing
list,
which he is admin of),

(Well, I had the list set up before there was a CBOR WG and I still get the
bounces…)

resulting now in my membership (tte+ietf(_at_)cs(_dot_)fau(_dot_)de) in
cbor(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
to be automatically blocked by the IETF mail server. And me not even
seemingly able to
resubscribe.

Yada yada yada (see mail error below), my university seems to use
abusix.com blacklist discovery, and the IETF mail server is actually
on their Spam blocklist:

https://lookup.abusix.com/search?q=50.223.129.194

Yes.  This is probably related to the IETF mail server being moved to a new
address recently, which may have previous dirt attached to its white shirt.

If i read correctly what they write,

Well, they’ll try to tout the quality of their data, but we do know that this
is a hard problem…

Grüße, Carsten