Re: Starting the ietf-xml-mime mailing list

1999-04-08 10:21:55

Frank Dawson wrote:

Actually, the current MIME content type definition for "text/calendar"
provides for MIME header parameter that CUAs are using to scan the inbox for
the "new invitations".

Okay,

This is what gave me concern when I read the content
type definition for text/xml and application/xml. It doesn't allow an
application to detect what kind of XML object is in the email.

If you are pointing out the utility of parameters for finer granularity
of labelling in general, then I agrree it can help.

For our
application area, it is disfunctional. It is imparing the use of XML for
representing iCalendar objects (and certainly other application objects
too).

I sense from this a worry that existing registered uses of XML would
need to re-register to use text/xml. If that is your worry, then I would
say that I do not believe that this is the intention.

--
Chris