RE: Mixed-format and Unpacking Expectations

1999-04-11 11:35:46
When I asked

| In the case where you're allowed to have a document that mixes
| traditional HTML, MathML, Vector Graphics ML, etc., are these
| separate "applications" or are they one "application" ("renderable
| XML document")?

I was thinking of an XML application which allowed, in a single
body part, all of those namespaces. In the case where you have
separate body parts, MHTML is probably the best you can do.

In both cases I used the basis of the MHTML work, but tried to avoid
putting information about relations of parts in the MIME headers, so
that you could discard the MIME packaging without loss of information.

MHTML doesn't put "information about the relations of parts" in the
MIME headers. It just puts the identity of each part in the wrapper.
If you have body parts that are self-identifying (they contain their
own uri/cid or whatever) then you can reassemble.

Larry