Re: Five proposed solutions

1999-04-16 02:14:09
Larry Masinter wrote:
I'm afraid you've let your personal viewpoint color your summary
of the issues. You said:

"Solution 5 has not received any support."

and then gave quotes which, for the most part, don't really support
that summary.

I tried not to mix my personal viewpoint.  Even if I had failed to
do so, that was never intended.  Anyway, my mail and your note
(and probably your response to my questions below) collectively
provide a "summary".

I have two questions for clarification.

Larry Masinter wrote:
I'd like to recommend
that applications use text/xml or application/xml, unless they
have a strong need to do something else, and note that in most
cases, there isn't a strong need, since the actual nature of
the data can be determined by looking inside the XML itself.

Q1. Do you propose to revise RFC 2048 and discourage media types
    that are built on top of XML?

Q2. Do you propose to revise RFC 2376 and discourage such media types?

Cheers,

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata(_at_)apsdc(_dot_)ksp(_dot_)fujixerox(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp