Re: Announcement of an I-D

1999-09-29 04:46:10

MURATA Makoto wrote:

1. On top of text/xml and application/xml, this I-D further introduces
application/xml-dtd.

2. The "*/*-xml" convention is introduced.  Throw a rock on it if you
disagree.

OK, so both -xml and xml- are intrduced, with differeing meanings. This
is fine, but I need to read this ID closely to see what an
implementation might be expected to infer (or not) on getting a
foo/bar-xml-baz mimetype. Is this written in XML or not?

4. application/mathml-xml,application/xsl-xml, application/rdf-xml, and
image/svg-xml
are used as examples.  Concerned citizens are invited to send comments.

OK, will check exactly what promises image/svg-xml makes (in particular
regarding XPointer as a fragment identifier)

Although we
do not actually believe this I-D is the right place for these media types, we
strongly
believe that we need some consistent story for XML-based languages of W3C.

I agree.

The SVG WG (of which I am chair) plans to submit an Internet Media Type
registration for SVG once that specification is stable (ie, W3C
Recommendation).

--
Chris