Re: Media types for XSL stylesheets

1999-10-12 00:02:02
James Clark wrote:

Do you intend to introduce XSLT-specific fragment identifiers in the
future?

I don't know of any plans to do this.

Or, do you intend to use XPointer for referencing into XSLT?

That's what I would expect.

Then, I would suggest application/xsl-xml (other than application/xml).
Since XSL stylesheets are not readable for casual readers, text/* is not
appropriate  (see the criteria explained by Ned Freed [1]).  It might be a
good idea to follow the "*/*-xml" contention, since you do not want to lose
the support of generic XML processing such as XPointer.

I think that text/xml is not appropriate for XSLT since an XSLT stylesheet
is not readable by casual users.

[1] http://www.imc.org/ietf-xml-mime/mail-archive/msg00203.html

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata(_dot_)makoto(_at_)fujixerox(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp