Re: Question: URI reference and media type in HTML/XML

1999-11-01 02:02:05
Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml" href="#style1"?>

We have agreed that fragments do not have media types.  What will
happen to such media types combined with fragment identifiers?
Should they be simply ignored?

This is another case where the fragment inherits the media type.
Again, the entire document must be fetched (as text/xml), and then
the fragment identifier resplved in terms of that. With the example
above, the fragment shoould be resolved in the resource containing the
reference.

You are talking about how to locate a fragment by using frgament identifiers.
Yes, we need to know the media type of the entire document.

I was actually talking about how can we tell if a located frament is XSLT
or not.  We might have some other stylesheet languges which are expressed
in the XML syntax.

Bert Bos wrote:
What we don't know yet, is what type the style sheet is. If it is
embedded, it is probably CSS or XSL, but how do we find out which?
Heuristics will work in this case, of course, but that is not a
scalable solution. It seems to me that we have no other place to put
the type of the fragment than on the PI...

Yes, this is my point.

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata(_dot_)makoto(_at_)fujixerox(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp