Re: Fwd: Fw: XHTML 1.0 returned to HTML WG

1999-11-05 01:13:43
[MURATA Makoto]
In my understanding, future XHTML will NOT work on old browsers and it
will contain vocabularies other than XHTML (e.g., MathML, RDF, SMIL,
something I would invent tomorrow).

But then why all the concern with backwards-compatible syntax like <br />
and avoiding the XML declaration?  Labeling it text/xml won't be
backwards-compatible, so there's no point in contorting the syntax.  It
just seems to me that if you pick a design restriction (backwards
compatible or not), then the decision about the media type follows
naturally, with little room for debate.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies