Announcement of draft-murata-xml-01.txt

1999-11-17 04:16:32
Simon St. Laurent and I co-authored an I-D for XML media types.  It
is available at:

        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-01.txt

On the basis of discussion in this ML (most notably Ned's comments),
this version shows when text/xml is more appropriate than application/xml
and vice versa.  Non-XPointer fragment identifiers for XML vocabularies
like SVG and SMIL requires further discussion.

Incidentally, the XSLT recommendation is published from W3C today.  It is
available at:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

Although we have agreed that fragments do not have media types, "2.7 Embedding
Stylesheets" of this recommendation uses "text/xml" for fragments.  Since
another
recommendation of W3C, namely "Associating stylesheets with XML documents",
already mandates the pseudo attribute "type" for stylesheet-linking PIs,
XSLT had to specify something.  Comments?

Cheers,

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata(_dot_)makoto(_at_)fujixerox(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp