Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt

2000-06-20 08:38:38
Simon St. Laurent, Dan Kohn, and I create a new I-D for XML media
types.  It is available at:

        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-06.txt

Differnces from the previous version are as below:
  - added descriptions of changes to RFC 2376.
  - changed SHOULDs to MUSTs in the inconsistent example, section 8.20.

Major differences from RFC 2376 are as below:

      (1) the addition of text/xml-external-parsed-entity,
      application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd,

      (2) the '+xml' suffix convention (which also updates the RFC 2048
      registration process), and

      (3) the discussion of "utf-16le" and "utf-16be".

If we do not receive any comments, we will ask the IESG to consider
publication of this Internet-Draft as a Proposed Standard.

IBM Tokyo Research Lab
MURATA Makoto