Re: Conformance value of "+xml"? (was empty, or "[symm]")

2000-10-02 07:55:03

Lloyd Rutledge wrote:

On Sat, Sep 30 2000 Chris Lilley wrote:
OK. Your understanding is not correct. Servers do not process the fragment
identifiers, because therse are not sent to the server (queries, following
a ? character, *are* sent to the server and perhaps that is what you are
thinking of?)

Thanks, Chris -- I stand corrected.  Other main points from my

Yes, of course. I was not disagreeing with your entire post - just the
particular part about fragment identifiers appended to URIs.

 Many SMIL constructs have values
that are XPointer subsets, rather than being SMIL-only.  This
minimizes format re-learning and facilitates future further
incorporation of XPointer.  Full XPointer is not required in SMIL, but
is explicitly enabled.

That seems to be wise at this point; a future direction is clearly shown,
and what is there is compatible (proper subset) so a general purpose
XPointer inmplementation can be used.

--
Chris