Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-hoschka-smil-media-type-05.txt

2000-10-23 07:36:33
Dan,

thanks for the review. See replies below

Dan Kohn a écrit :

Philipp, could I suggest that you review
<http://www.imc.org/draft-murata-xml>, which is expected to shortly replace
RFC 2376.  Specifically, I would strongly recommend changing your
application to application/smil+xml, and quoting the appropriate sections of
RFC 2376bis by reference rather than by repeating the text.

For smil+xml, see Murata's recount of history. I added a paragraph
explaining why we chose not to use the postfix for this one.

As for the sections quoted by repeating the text: The sections were
included by reference in earlier versions of the draft. I seem to
remember
that I decided to repeat the text either because somebody explicitly
suggested doing this, or because somebody got it wrong when implementing
from an earlier draft. In any case, the intention is to make sure that
people actually follow these rather involved rules when implementing
application/smil.

If this doesn't convince you, I can consider taking them out again.
Before doing so, however, I would need to do some research on whether
this wasn't something that was explicitly requested by somebody else.

Thanks for considering this.

                - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan(_at_)dankohn(_dot_)com>
<http://www.dankohn.com>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>