Re: Preparing for XPointer

2001-10-24 13:00:16

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 14:18, Mark Baker wrote:
During that thought experiment, it occurred to me that we should
be watching +xml registrations to ensure that, where possible,
"#foo" syntax is reserved for identifying fragments labelled with
an ID (or http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#id) type attribute of
value "foo".

This would ensure that XPointer could be be retrofitted into
3023 later and apply to all */xml and */*+xml types.

It seems like a reasonable idea.  In some ways, #foo is pretty much
MinPointer, the one part of XPointer about which I hear no complaints.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue