Re: CORRECTION: Please review ietf-draft of SMIL media-type registration

2002-08-27 07:06:28

Kari,

good catches !

See inline for more

Kari Pihkala wrote:

Hi,

I noticed some inconsistencies with the SMIL namespaces in the
draft. In section 4:

All SMIL 2.0 files must also include a declaration of the SMIL 2.0
   namespace.  This should appear shortly after the string "<smil", and
   should read 'xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/PR/Language";'.

Fixed this to use
http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language

as namespace.

However, a different namespace in the end of section 5:

An example use of this parameter as part of a HTTP GET transaction
   would be:

        Accept: application/smil+xml;
           profile="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/REC/HostLanguage";

Removed the REC part.

The namespace should be different, I think, since this is the way
that a client informs a server that it supports SMIL basic.

I'm not sure that people actually use the following URI to
identify SMIL basic, however
http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/REC/HostLanguage

or that anyone uses the "accept" header at all - I'll send a
seperate message to the www-smil list on that.

Also, either of these namespaces match the one in SMIL 2.0 spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil20-20010807/smil20-profile.html):
13.3.2 SMIL 2.0 Language Conformance

5. A document must declare a default namespace for its elements with an
xmlns attribute on the smil root element with its identifier URI:
<smil xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language";>
</smil>

You may want to check these...

 - Kari