Re: W3C Last Call and Media Type request for comments: XQuery and XQueryX

2005-07-11 07:47:07

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:56:03PM +0900, MURATA Makoto wrote:
Please note that this is for application/xquery -- a non-XML format.
For application/xqueryx+xml I'll send separate mail.

I will then wait for your next mail for application/xqueryx+xml.

I just realised, in reviewing the document, that I answered you
in a way that was misleading -- sorry!

I sent two applications (application/xquery and application/xquery+xml)
in the same message.  We are dropping the optional charset parameter
for application/xquery, but for application/xquery+xml we are of
course bound by the existing rules for XML media types.

Here is the relevant extract from the text:

    MIME media type name: application
    MIME subtype name: xquery+xml
    Required parameters: none
    Optional parameters: charset

    This parameter has identical semantics to the charset parameter of
    the application/xml media type as specified in [RFC3023].

Possibly we should instead say

    Required parameters: see RFC 3023 or successor

    Optional parameters: see RFC 3023 or successor

so that when RFC 3023 is updated, we don't need to change
this document, if definitions of parameters change.

What do you think?

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/