practical question

2007-05-23 18:23:00

This is a practical question related to application/foo+xml media types. I recognize that this is not a programming forum; I am posting here anyway because I think that this group will be keenly aware of the problem and interested in a solution.

IE will only allow cross-domain requests for the text/xml or application/xml types. It does not support application/foo+xml.

Does anyone know of a workaround which would allow me to avoid having to publish resources with the wrong (application/xml) type? If I do have to publish with the wrong type, does anyone know of a method which would allow me to minimize the damage?

This is important because it is a limiting factor for all XML-based formats.

Thank you.

-Lucas Gonze