Re: [ietf-types] Registration of media typeimage/svg+xml

2010-12-08 01:41:31

Hello Chris, others,

I'm glad to confirm that I'm extremely happy with your new wording.

And I strictly promise I won't find any new hair in the soup anymore.

Regards,    Martin.

On 2010/12/07 23:52, Chris Lilley wrote:
On Thursday, November 25, 2010, 7:30:41 AM, Martin wrote:

MJD>  What about:

MJD>  Fragment Identifiers

MJD>  For documents labeled as application/svg+xml, the fragment
MJD>  identifier notation follows the XML Pointer Language (XPointer)
MJD>  Framework (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/). Fragment
MJD>  identifiers are either Shorthand Pointers (formerly called barenames) or
MJD>  SVG view specifications. For details, please see Section 17.3.2 of the
MJD>  SVG specification
MJD>  (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/linking.html#SVGFragmentIdentifiers).

MJD>  or some such.

I looked into this. At first, I was going to normatively reference XPointer
Framework as you suggested.

However, the SVG WG had made a decision not to reference XPointer (superceeded)
and not to reference XPointer Framework either, partly because of concerns over
the scope of the conformance criteria
http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#conformance
and also because this is not in any case needed just to define barenames.

So I have added adapted wording:

     Fragment Identifiers

         For documents labeled as application/svg+xml, the
         fragment identifier notation is either Shorthand Pointers
         (formerly called barenames) or the SVG-specific SVG Views
         syntax;
         http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/linking.html#LinksIntoSVG
         both described in the fragment identifiers section of the
         SVG specification.
         http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/linking.html#SVGFragmentIdentifiers

  >>>  Published specification:

  >>>  This media type registration is extracted from Appendix P of the
  >>>  SVG 1.1 specification.
  >>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/mimereg.html

MJD>  First, we made some tweaks, and second, the published specification is
MJD>  all of SVG 1.1, not just the mimereg part, as far as I understand.

Also fixed; both Appendix P and the spec as a whole are separately referenced.

Published specification:

     This media type registration is extracted from Appendix P
     http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/mimereg.html
     of the SVG 1.1 specification.
     http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp
mailto:duerst(_at_)it(_dot_)aoyama(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp