Re: Last Call: Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) Version 1.1.0 to Informational

2000-01-04 17:10:03
At 03:58 PM 1/4/00 -0800, Rick H Wesson wrote:
In short you are suggesting that the I-D be published to document a
bad but current practice?

A review of the Informational RFCs issued in the past few years would reveal a few RFCs that match that description quite well.

 It seems counter-intutative but I am certainly
not "in the know" as to how these things work.

It is a bit counter-intuitive until you look at the alternative. There isn't a good, central, free, open repository for these things other than RFCs. This isn't to say that every protocol should go there. I would say that only "important" (either due to politics or the number of implementations using the protocol) protocols should qualify.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium