RE: Device upload for all platforms -- the official HTML WG posit ion

2000-03-02 14:10:03
what is wrong with all you people? i subscribed to this god-forsaken
listserv hoping that i'd learn something. all i've learned is that you're a
bunch of negative, argumentative, anti-collaborative bores. shame on you for
making the W3C look bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: James P. Salsman [mailto:bovik(_at_)best(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 2:29 PM
To: Steven(_dot_)Pemberton(_at_)cwi(_dot_)nl
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; www-html(_at_)w3(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Device upload for all platforms -- the official HTML WG
position

Dear Dr. Pemberton,

Thank you for your reply:

I am sure we both want to resolve this.  Would you please list all
the flaws of which you are aware -- with as little or as much detail
as you have time for -- along with, when available, how they could
be fixed?  I promise you I will devote my efforts to your comments
until you are satisfied that they are resolved, but I do need your
help to understand which issues you consider flaws.

I will do it on two conditions that you have to promise to:

  That I never, ever, have to repeat it again.

Agreed; this is preferable for us both.

  That you stop hassling the HTML WG and spreading mistruths.

While I don't know what you consider hassling, and fear the subjectivity
of the term could be used to call my trustworthyness in to question, I
promise that, too.  You understand, better than most, that reasonable
people are capable of honest disagreements on both political and
technical matters.

I look forward to the final list of issues and the opportunity to
address them conconclusivly.

Cheers,
James