Re: Re: Critically compare the congestion control on TCP/IP and ATM

2000-03-09 06:50:02
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you all for giving me so much information! I have read some, and almost get a clear idea of how ATM manage the congestion control. But I still get one question: generally speaking, TCP/IP is equal to the transport and network layer in the OSI model, and it seems that the ATM works on the Data Link Layer (?). They serve different function in the OSI model. Through they all have congestion control facility, how to compare mechanism in different layer? Does the topic "Critically compare the congestion control on TCP/IP and ATM" mean only compare of the algorithms of them?

Thank you again for you valuable help!

rgds,

Truly yours,
Jianbo Huang :-)